14 years ago, I photographed my first wedding and was paid a total of $300 total to cover my film expenses. I told my client (who was luckily also my cousin) that “I have no idea how to use my flash so don’t expect any photos after sunset.”
Being completely self-taught, I have trudged through every aspect of building my business to what it is today. Being published, seeing my photo on a magazine cover and having vendors excited that I’m part of the wedding team is all great, but in the beginning, I just needed to know how to…
You name it. All of it!
I totally get it and I want to be that person for you. Safe, encouraging, helpful, let’s get this shit on the road kind of mentor.
2015 is your year!
Choose 3 topics
Repeat if needed.
- Complete contracts + client folders
- Bookkeeping, checking + taxes
- Pretty proposals + pricing
- Beautiful, notice-me branding
- Business cards & packaging that you’ll love
- How I can make my photos better!? (a comprehensive review with tips)
- I want a killer website + Make me look professional with a real email (time to ditch the gmail)
- Get me social! Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram + Reviews
- Holy gear batman. Review, suggest, budget plan, buy. (cameras, cards, lighting, bags)
- Marketing Phase One:
- Finding your sweet spot: working with your ideal clients
- Care to share? My complete start to finish.
- Help! I need all the editing help I can get.
- Custom-for-me kind of help.
This series will require your effort! It’s not a here-do-this-for-me kind of thing. But I will give you, guide you and chat with you as much as you need for your session.