You're in for a real treat! Katie & Jay's San Diego wedding was vibrant and creative and sweet and funny and such a joy to be a part of it all!
I flew down early Friday morning with my hubby Mike for a little beachy getaway; a chance to trade in blazing sun for ocean breezes and vineyards for sand. Ahhh....
Some of the highlights:
- The florals were some of the prettiest I've ever seen.
- Ombre! Bridesmaid's dresses, groomsmen's suits, the origami birds, and even the ink for the signature tree (which Katie's mom lovingly drew!!)
- The men grew mustaches for the occasion.
- The party bus was a blast and there may have been an unnamed pregnant someone who did a little pole dancing.
- We were all in tears during the father-daughter dance.
- They flew in their priest from Oregon for the ceremony and it was his first ever marriage. He was amazing!
- Instead of serving a traditional dinner or even buffet, they did small plate stations which allowed the guests to continue to mingle and choose the food they wanted.
- The photo booth was a hit!
- Thankfully no photographer was harmed in the making of the Encinitas sign photograph.
- Every little detail was carefully created and it was an amazing day!
Special thanks to:
Ceremony: Mary, Star of the Sea Church
Officiant: Father Bernard D'Sa (Bend, Oregon)
Reception: Martin Johnson House
Catering: Coast Catering
Florals: Botanic Allure
Cake: VG's Bakery
Hair: Tara Nelson
Makeup: My Girls on Film Studios
DJ: DJ KROM
Photo Booth: Magnolia Photo booth
Rentals: Classic Party Rentals