This is not your typical wedding and that's why I love it even more! There was no ceremony, because they eloped to
South Africa (oops, I goofed... married in Mauritius and honeymooned in South Africa) in March, and there was no bridal party or traditions they felt they had to do. The day was just chatting and laughing and a crazy abundance of love.
A few highlights:
- Sydney, their French Bulldog has been given the title of "most loving French Bulldog in the world".
- Jodi wore the same beautiful wedding dress she wore in South Africa (just a little bit shorter this time).
- The improv act (how Bob & Jodi met) was hilarious and I wish I could show you the motorcycle helmet scene!
- The 104 degree day was pretty crazy but the lawn, umbrellas and industrial sized fans with misters saved us all.
- The upside of a hot day was that the night was balmy and mother nature put on a spectacular sunset display.
- Bob & Jodi left it open-mic during dinner and they had about 2 hours of the most heartfelt toasts and stories.
- It's not a party until the bride sabers the champagne!
- The centerpiece of the property was the turn of the century stone ruins, remnants of burned down horse paddocks.
- And if all of this wasn't enough amazing, they hired Jazz singer Paula West for their own private evening concert.
- Now that's how you throw a party!
Special thanks to:
Venue: Private Estate
Florals: Gift from Jill & Michael Russo
Improv Act: Jill Bourque, How We First Met
Live Music: Paula West
Chocolate chip cookie favors: Gift from Rachel Minard
Furniture rentals/Catering: Piper Johnson
Photo postcards/menus: Designed by bride